Hello, again! Most of you probably do not know, but I am a HUGE book nerd! I love to read ALL the time. I usually don’t have a lot of time to read during the school year because I have work for my classes to get done, BUT the summer is the perfect time to lay outside with a good read. The beach is my FAVORITE place to read. I usually buy most of my books on my Nook, since it is SO easy to carry around everyday. Since I am currently at Tybee Island in Georgia on the beach, I figured I would share with you all some of the books I am looking forward to reading this summer!
1. The Body Book by Cameron Diaz. This book is basically a guide to eating healthy and treating your body right. To be honest, it is basically a repeat of my Nutrition 101 class at Penn State, but it is a VERY helpful guide to learn how to eat right and make your body the best it can be. I am about halfway through this book and loving it so far!
2. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg. I just attend a live webcast at Penn State with Sheryl Sandberg as the main speaker. She spoke about the concepts that came from this book. I loved everything she said, and my sister highly recommended this book!
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. This book sounds SO intriguing! It has sky-rocketed in popularity, becoming a #1 New York Times Bestseller, and the number of great reviews I have heard are endless! The beach will be the perfect place to get started on this book!
4. Looking for Alaska by John Green. After finishing The Fault in Our Stars, I am on a mission to read all that John Green writes. The Fault in Our Stars proved to be magically, and after my sister recommended this book by him as well, I cannot wait to get my hands on it!
5. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. This book is actually being made into a movie as well starring Chloe Grace Moretz as Mia Hall. I cannot wait to pick it up because the trailer to the movie makes it look like an incredible read!
6. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks. I am a Nicholas Sparks JUNKIE. So, if you are not the biggest fan of Nicholas Sparks, feel free to skip this one, but I LOVE his book and cannot wait to start this one!
7. The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith and J.K. Rowling. I have been hearing RAVE reviews about this book for the longest time, but with my internship this past spring I was not able to start reading it until now. I cannot wait to get through this book!
8. The Here and Now by Ann Brashares. I was a HUGE fan of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants growing up, and I have to admit that I owned all of the books along with both movies. I cannot wait to see what Ann Brashares brings to the table with this book!
9. #GirlBoss by Sophia Amorusa. I cannot wait to get my hands on this book! After reading SO many articles about the Nasty Gal CEO and her new book, it is definitely at the top of my reading list for this summer!
10. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. This book is another young love story, which always pull me in. I have been hearing RAVE reviews, and I know that the book club at LaurenConrad.com has also delved into this book, so I figured I would do the same.
11. Something Blue AND The One & Only by Emily Giffin. One of my favorite books I have ever read is Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin, and the movie, although good, does not do the book justice AT ALL. I cannot wait to get my hands on two more novels by the wonderfully talented author!
12. Never Have I Ever by Katie Heaney. This book reminds me of Mindy Kaling’s workings. I am barely through the first chapter, and it is to-die-for funny. Cannot wait to finish up this one for a good, light read.
Hope you all enjoyed and pick up some of these books on your next trip to the book store or library!